Ed’s mission is simple: to help people do the things they already know; to do the things they haven’t done for themselves, their families and their clients.
Ed believes that it is important for experienced, successful people to mentor the next generation of financial services professionals by passing on knowledge and skills. Experienced people need to take on the role of “elder” and help people succeed. It is up to those who have enjoyed and prospered from their careers as financial professionals to pass on their wisdom, knowledge, experiences and insights.
Ed Howat is the founder and president of, Addie Woods Consulting Co., a firm that specializes in performance coaching and instructional design. The scope of Ed’s work is to help financial professionals create and implement systems that will help improve the way they do business, improve service levels to clients and increase the value of their business.
Ed has worked with hundreds of top producing financial advisors, insurance agents and sales managers. Ed systems are based on the best practices of the top performers in the business.
Ed has spoken on such topics as
• Building an Effective Wealth Management Practice in the 21st Century.
• The Clubs or the Swing – Which would you rather have Tiger Wood’s clubs or his swing?” (Finding a coach or mentor.)
• Case Preparation – Leaving Nothing to Chance.
• The Gift of Answers – Helping Clients do the Things They Haven’t Done.
Ed started in the business as a Special Agent for Northwestern Mutual and was the Rookie of the Year in his region and produced at the Million Dollar Round Table (MDRT) level during his sales career. Six years later, he started a district sales office from scratch and grew it to 25 sales and administrative people over a three year period where it ranked 8th in production among 182 District Offices.
He has also held positions as a financial planner (Planners Financial Services), wholesaler (Manulife-John Hancock) sales trainer (Nationwide Financial) and coach.
He currently holds memberships in:
• The National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (NAIFA)
• The Society of Financial Services Professionals (FSP), including Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU), Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC) and Fellow of the Life Underwriter Training Council (LUTCF) designations
• Ed is also a member of the American Society of Training and Development (ASTD)
• Ed is an associate member of the World Wide Association of Business Coaches and is a Registered Corporate Coach (RCC).
Ed is married, has three children and four grandchildren and lives in Eagan, Minnesota.